What Exactly is the Difference Between the Series 3 GPS 42mm and the Series 3 GPS 38mm? The Apple Watch is extremely popularized as a revolution today’s world of wearable tech. It is so sought after in the present scenario that recent data accounts more than 18 million units in use today worldwide. Still, a handful of people don’t get what the hype is all about, so let’s take a brief look at the choices available on the market.
You may be thinking, between 42 and 38, there’s only a 4 millimeter gap, how big a difference can it really make? But, no! When it comes to any gadgets as well crafted and sized as the Apple Watch, you will be shocked to learn those differences!
With both being the variation of Apple Watch Series 3, The Series 3 GPS 38mm is the most standard Apple Watch style with a Sport Band, whereas The Series 3 GPS 42mm lets you choose between the two options, the Sport Loop and Link Bracelet. The materiality of both these come down to silicone, but have a plethora of colors to choose from; where the band is available in black, pink and white.
One purchase of the apple watch comes with:
• Dual-core S3 processor
• Galileo, and QZSS
• Barometric altimeter
• Optical heart sensor
• Accelerometer and gyroscope
• Ion-X strengthened glass, Composite back and many more benefits
Owning an Apple Watch Series 3
Speciation of Apple Watch Series 3
- DISPLAY SCREEN
- Size: 1.66 inch
- Resolution: 312 x 390 pixels
- Type: OLED
- Shape: Rectangular
- Pixel Density: 301ppi
- Touchscreen: Yes
- FEATURES & TRACKERS
- Durability: Water Resistant up to 50 metres.
- Alarm & Stopwatch: Yes
- Notifications: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Compass, Gyro
- Activity Trackers: Yes, Active Minutes, Activity/Inactivity, Calories Intake/ burned, Distance, Exercise Intensity, Heart Rate, Hours Slept, Relaxation level, Sleep quality, Step
Expected Life: 1 Day
Charging Type: by USB, Wireless
Chipset: Apple S3
No of Cores: Dual Core
Internal Memory: 8 GB
Operating System: Watch OS
Wireless Connectivity: GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth
INPUT & OUTPUT
How Does The 42mm differ from the 38mm Model?
Apple Watches’ size is usually measured vertically considering the device’s height, ( like the 38 and 44mm).
Resolution and Display:
The 38mm watch includes a 1.5-inch display while the larger 42mm version has a display of 1.7-inch, with both of them offering retina resolution. However, the 42mm contains 312 x 390 pixels in comparison to 272 x 340 resolution in the 38mm model.
• 42 mm comes with an in-built GPS chip, 38mm doesn’t
• Thicker overall case; comparatively more comfortable to wear than the 38mm model.
• Leather Loop with Magnetic Finishings, (Either Bright Blue, Light Brown, or Stone Leather)
• Fluor elastomer with an 18-Karat Yellow Gold Pin ( available in Black)
• Old School fastener with an 18-Karat Yellow Gold Buckle (Midnight Blue Leather)
• Modern designed clasp with Stainless Steel Buckle (Either Soft Pink, Midnight Blue or Brown Leather)
• Modern designed clasp with an 18-Karat Rose Gold Buckle (Rose Gray Leather)
• Modern designed clasp with an 18-Karat Yellow Gold Buckle (Bright Red Leather)
So, which one should you buy- Apple Watch Series 3 GPS 42mm VS 38mm ?
The answer is surprisingly simple!
If you are looking for an economical with decent features, you should go for the 38mm model. But, if you are looking for a slightly sophisticated version, slightly heavier (because of the larger display), greater water resistance, weighs more than the 38mm at 33 grams heavier and it is also thicker at 11.4 mm versus 10.5 mm for the 38mm model.
While the both of them offering retina resolutions, the 42mm has comparatively greater pixels in comparison to the 38 mm model, on a larger display. For a 30$ difference, 38mm (38mm costing 199$, while the 42mm 229$), and for a range of features it offers, it’s a pretty good deal!