Who does’t want a theatre experience in the comfort of your own home today? Relaxing after a long day with a cup of beverage and a big screen to enjoy your favourite show is everyone’s ideal evening activity. But, spending a lot for that doesn’t sound as much ideal.
Projectors are extremely popular portable device that can be used anywhere, with no need for wires or plugs. They can be connected to any device with an HDMI port, for devices like laptop, desktop or even TV. Projectors have become a crucial technological addition in most households today and the number is on a steady rise.The cost of projectors has dropped significantly by nearly about 50% in the last few years, and is expected to go even lower in the following years to come. Today, there are many projectors coting even less than $500, implying that virtually anyone can afford to get one!
Why can a projector do that a TV cannot?
In comparison to a TV, or any another monitor, a projector provides a larger screen surface of visibility, which basically means you view things in a larger screen. Projectors are useful in narrow, limited spaces to provide large screens. These are never affected by the outdoor environmental adversities, the presence of ambient lighting, casting of shadows and reflection due to the sun, whcih implies that even in gloomy, dark locations the visual quality remains intact.
In several households, a TV or a monitor will never amount to the theatre experience provided by the projector so it is very popular and spectacular for home theatres.
Projector Technology on the Market
The most usual projectors under 500$ are either LCD or DLP. For a short-term or limites use, both of the above two mentioned technologies can be used properly, but when intended for a long period of time, there are visible differences between the two:
Precisely, the DLP technology projectors project smooth images optimal for videographic pictures or videos, whereas the LCD ones are directed towards office used delivering projected materials with sharpness and ample brightness.
What to look for when purchasing a Projector in 2022?
The following are the general speciations discussed to help the non-specialized in the field to make a good projector purchase.
Brightness in projectors generally ranges between 650 and 5,000 ANSI lumens. If the intended use of the projector is outdoors, it is ideal to opt for projectors with more ample brightness, but if the intended use ud in a darker room, brightness of less than 1000 is considered ideal.
- Connection Settings:
The most updated and advanced connection technology for projectors today is 5G wifi connection. But, when option for any model under 500$, you should look for a model providing an array of connection ports, inclusive of the wireless connection methods.
If the intended use of your projector is to present official or document files, such as the use of Powerpoint, Excel,etc, too high resolution is not required; SVGA is plenty enough! However, if you’re hoping foa a cinems with a theatrical experience, getting the projector with as much high resolution as possible will be beneficial.
Cooling system noise
The noise created by the projector is due to the presence of a colling fan in the body. If used in any conference hall, seminars or a meeting, the fan noises can be really irking and can even stimulate an annoyance in psychological behaviour. So, it is preferred to purchase them with noise levels less than 25dB.
But, just the presence of these features doesn’t mean you go around spending thousands of dollars for a projector, so without further ado here are top 10 projector picks just under 500$ so that you get the maximized theatre experience without worrying about your budget!
1. WiMiUS Upgrade Q1 Mini Android ( Best Mini Projector under 500$ )
Contrast ratio: 15,000:1
Brightness: 500 ANSI Lumens
Why should you choose it?
- DLP Technology:
DLP technology is much more advanced and modern, in comparison to LCD technology, that has a legacy in providing sharp, clear-cut images detailed and accurate color representation. Plus, the particular product, WiMiUS Upgrade Q1, comes with amuch advanced intelligent DLP technology, with improvements and features much better than its equivalent competitors on the market, producing visuals of spectacular details and sharpness.
- Flexible operation: The flexibility in operating mechanism is simply amazing. Since, the primary power source for operation of the device is primarily the battery, it offers 90 minutes of continuous viewing per charge. This makes it easier for its user to present the program, or meetings in places even without a power supply, or an outlet. On top of that, lack of power supply creates no effect on the clarity of images and the delivery is still better than ever.
- Sound Quality:The sound quality offered is simply exemplary. Due to the machine’s integration to high-end stereo speakers, this helps to create a splendid and exciting ambience wherever used, creating a much entertainment space. The sound is appropriately loud, clear and precise and is never affected by the surrounding noise, and is pleasant to the ears even on continued hearing.
2. XGIMI MoGo Pro Portable ( Best Portable Projector under 500$ )
Resolution: 1080p Full HD (1920×1080)
Contrast ratio: no data
Brightness: 300 ANSI Lumens
3. ViewSonic PA503W ( Best Projector Home and Office Under 500$ )
Resolution: 1920 x 1080p Full HD( 1200X 800 ) WXGA
Brightness: 3600 ANSI Lumens
Screen Size: 30-300 inches
Compatible to 3D.
IN THE BOX: PA503W WXGA Projector, Power Cable, VGA Cable, & Remote Control
4. Optoma HD146X ( Best Projector for Movies & Gaming Under 500$ )
Brightness: 3600 ANSI Lumens
Resolution: 1920 x 1080p
Lamp Life: up to 15,000 Hour
5. BenQ TH585 1080P ( Best Projector For Home Entertainment )
Display: Full HD resolution 1080p
Brightness: 3500 Lumens
Audio: 10W built-in speaker
Lamp Life up to 15,000 Hours
Digital shift of Lens.
6. XNoogo 5G Projector ( Best Movie Outdoor Projector 4K )
Contrast ratio: 10,000:1
Screen Size: 60″-450″
Brightness: 10,000 Lumens
7. GooDee YG600 2021 ( Best 1080P Video Projector)
- Display Technology: LCD
- native resolution 1280x768p
- Brightness 6800 Lux
- Contrast ratio: 3000:1
- Native Resolution: 1280×768 (1080p supported)
- Max. Screen Size: 230″
- 2x3W built-in speakers
8. ZCGIOBN Bluetooth Projector
Type: TFT LCD
Image Resolution: 1920×1080
Contrast ratio: 10,000:1
Screen Size: 61″-200″
Brightness: 8,000 Lumens
9. YABER Y31 Native 1080P Projector
- Resolution: Native (1920x1080p)
- Contrast Ratio: 10,000:1
- Brightness: 1000 lux
- Projection: upto 300 inches.
- 3W dual stereo speaker
- A three-year Warranty.
10. FANGOR 8500L Projector
Contrast ratio: 10000: 1
Screen Size: 35″-300″
Read Full Reviews here: Fangor Projector WIFI Projector Bluetooth Projector Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I watch movies & series from netflix, amazon prime directly from the projector using the wifi feature?
Due to copyright reasons, Netflix, amazon prime can not stream directly from your cell phone, neither your wifi projectors. However, if you use HDMI cable, Roku or Fire TV Stick to connect to internet and stream Netflix, Prime, Disney+ etc, it is possible.
2. Is it compatible with PS4?
Anytrhing that offers 1080p is compatible with ps4.
3. Does a projector come with a screen?
No, often times a purchase of projector doesn’t include screen but had jacks.
4. Is there any sort of input lag while playing a game console through hdmi?
This vaguely depends on the model of portable projectors you are purchasing, but generally, this doesn’t happen.